Going to integrate your WordPress website with Google Analytics?
Using Google Analytics, you can get a better grasp of your business website. It helps you to track your customer’s behavior, user experience, website functionality, and much more.
Google Analytics has a user-friendly interface and is easy to install and implement. The free version of Google Analytics offers customizable reports, dashboards, and data collection. It is an excellent choice for most marketing needs.
In this post, you will learn about:
- Best reasons to use Google Analytics
- How to create a Google Analytics account
- How to set up Google Tag Manager
- How to Set up Google analytics tag with Google Tag Manager
- Actions to be taken after Integration with Google Analytics
- Bouns point : How to link with Google Search Console
Let’s get started!
Best reasons to use Google Analytics
Web analytics is an important factor to grow your business website. Integration with Google Analytics helps to track what your visitors are doing on your website.
Do you know, Google has the largest market share when it comes to web analytics? Google Analytics is used by approximately 55.49% of all websites.
Here are the 10 best reasons why you should use Google Analytics:
- It’s free and easy to use
- You can create customized reports
- Easy to integrate with other tools and platforms
- Helps to understand why visitors are bouncing off your website
- You can track conversions
- Provides you with a list of the most popular pages on your website
- Get data on who’s visiting your website and how
- Helps to turn your insights into results
- You can track what people do when they’re on your website
- Helps to understand which social platforms to target by providing you the details about how people find your website
Universal Analytics (UA) highlights total users in most reports and tracks screen views in separate mobile-specific properties. Whereas, GA4 focuses on Active Users and combines both web and app data in the same property.
Keep in mind: Universal Analytics (UA) is approaching its final year of existence before being deprecated in July 2023, making way for Google Analytics 4 (GA4).
How to create a Google Analytics account
Like Google Tag Manager, you have to create a Google Analytics account as well.
Benefits of Google Analytics are:
- Find your target audience
- Data reports and customization
- Google Analytics conversion tracking
- E-commerce performance
- Improve search engine optimization and content marketing
- New ideas for business
Follow these steps to create a Google Analytics account :
- Sign-up on the GA page
- Enter your account, website name, and the website’s URL
- Select your website’s industry category and the respective time zone
- Accept the Terms and Services to get your tracking ID
Your tracking ID is unique to your website and your personal data. So, keep it personal and secure.
To get the GA4 code, redirect to Admin> Data Streams > Configure tag settings.
Next, redirect to Admin > Manage Google Tag > Install Manually. And, copy the code from here.
How to set up Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a free tag management system from Google. It takes all the data on your website and sends it to other platforms such as Google Analytics.
Google Tag Manager allows you to update or add tags to your Google Analytics without writing any code manually.
Benefits of Google Tag Manager are:
- Free of cost
- Fast deployment of tracking codes
- All tags are controlled in one place
- Reusable container templates
- Built-in Tag templates
- Collaborate across your organization
- Put your mind at ease.
Follow these steps to set up Google Tag Manager:
- Create an account on the Google Tag Manager dashboard.
- Enter an account name and click continue.
- Give your container a descriptive name and select the type of content
- Click Create
- Review the Terms of Service and agree to those terms.
Here, you will get a container’s installation code snippet. You need to paste it into your website’s back end in order to manage your tags.
How to Set up Google analytics tag with Google Tag Manager
Next, you need to set up specific Google Analytics tracking tags for your website.
Follow these steps to set up an analytics tag with Google Tag Manager:
- Go to your Google Tag Manager dashboard
- Click on the Add a new tag button
- You will be redirected to a page where you can create your new website tag and can customize two areas of your tag
1- Configuration: Where the collected data will go?
Here, choose the “Universal Analytics” option and “New Variable…” from the dropdown menu.
You will be redirected to the new window, enter your Google Analytics tracking ID here.
2- Triggering. What type of data do you want to collect?
Here, choose “All pages” so it sends data from all your web pages.
Next, slick “Save”
Now, you will have a new Google Tag tracking and sending data to your Google Analytics page about your website.
Actions to be taken after Integration with Google Analytics
Here are a few suggestions that you can do after Integration with Google Analytics:
Link Google Ads with Google Analytics
Google Ads allows you to take advantage of the benefits of online advertising by showing the ads to the right people in the right place and time.
Follow the following steps to Link Google Ads with Google Analytics:
- Click on the gear icon in the lower left-hand corner of the Admin dashboard
- Click on Google Ads Linking in the “Property” column
- Click on New Link Group
- Click on the Google Ads accounts and link with Google Analytics
- Click Continue. Make sure that the link is on for each property.
- Click Link accounts
Set up views
In Google Analytics, by default, you can see the un-filtered view of each website in your account. But, you can set up your reports to see the data and metrics that matter to you through “views.”
For example, you can set up a filter if you want to see only social media traffic or conversions may be from your target market.
Follow the following steps to Link Google Ads with Google Analytics:
- Click on the gear in the lower left-hand corner of the Admin dashboard
- In the “View” column, Click Create new view
- Choose from“Web Site” and “App”
- Enter a descriptive name for the view that suits the best.
- Choose the “Reporting Time Zone”
- Click Create View
How to link with Google Search Console
Google Search Console helps you to measure your site’s Search traffic and performance. Also, it helps to fix the issues and improve your website’s ranking in Google Search results.
Google Search Console helps to:
- Check your site’s search crawl rate and analyzes your website
- Find out the internal and external pages that link to your website
- Provides the keyword queries you rank for in search engine results
Follow these steps to link with Google Search Console:
- Click on the gear icon in the lower left-hand corner of the main dashboard
- Click on Property Settings in the middle column
- Scroll down and click on Adjust search console
It will start the process of adding your website to Google Search Console.
- Click on the Add button
- At the bottom, click on the Add a site to Search Console button
- Enter your website’s name and click Add
- Follow the directions to add the HTML code to your site
- Click on “Save”
Your data won’t appear right away. Make sure to check it back later and see your Google Search Console data.
Google Analytics is the best marketing analytics platform. It helps you to monitor your website’s traffic and conversion activities.
Using Google Analytics, you can improve online advertising with marketing analytics. Also, you can optimize the SEO and content marketing of your website.
Use the above guide to set up Google Analytics on your site and track your website’s online performance.
Feel free to comment below, if you are need any help with the Google Analytics setup.