Wondering whether your WordPress website is performing at its best or not? Here is a detailed website review checklist to help you figure it out.
No doubt, it’s a pretty difficult thing to manage your website. Website review helps you to check the performance and health of your website. Also, you can determine the smooth functioning, security, and seamless end-user experience of your website.
You can hurt your website in multiple ways by maintaining it in an inadequate way. With regular website reviews, you can achieve the best possible online results for your company. It is important to remember that with content, good quality control always needs to be constantly improved.
In this blog post, we have covered all the main categories for the website review checklist which includes:
Let’s get started!
Benefits of Website Review
Studies reveal that 75% of customers judge a company’s credibility based on its website. Website review evaluates your website for problems and suggests solutions to those problems.
An effective website review will improve your website in a number of ways, including:
- Improve user experience
- Boost SEO
- Optimize keyword distribution
- Discover repurposing opportunities
- Pinpoint content problems
- Evaluate your content’s quality
- Improve your site structure
- Complete a backlink analysis
- Maximize conversion rates
- Keep up with the trends
WordPress Website Review Checklist
Below, we have listed the main categories for your website review. With these categories, it will be more easier for you to handle the big website review task.
Let’s jump in now!
The design of your website can make or break your business. Website design is the most important matter and can’t be taken lightly. A website having eye catchy design helps to form a good impression on your prospective customers.
According to Google, it only takes users 50 milliseconds to form a first impression of your website, and based upon that people decide whether they’ll stay or leave.
Website design review ensures that your website is expressing itself consistently across all channels. Also, examines the content, structure, and colors of your website to provide a stellar user experience.
Website design audit includes:
- Check HTML markup validation
- Cross-browser compatibility with all browsers
- Review your website in responsive
- The site’s favicon should be added
- The website logo should be linked to the homepage
- The logo image shouldn’t be pixelated
- All animations effects should be glitches and delays free
- The site should be consistent in size, color, font, padding, and margin
- All required pages should be indexed
- Analyze backlinks
The design of your website is the best way to keep the balance between the functionality of your website and your company’s growth.
Tools to audit the usability of your website’s design are :
A website with good SEO optimizes your brand’s visibility online. You generate organic traffic through to your website from a search engine results page (SERP). SEO delivers better information to search engines to index your content within search results.
SEO is not only about search engines, it also improves the user experience and usability of your website. A well-optimized website is more likely to gain more customers and make more sales.
Do you know, 61% of professionals believe that their online marketing efforts, including SEO are effective? Don’t forget, Organic SEO is about 5.66 more effective than paid SEO.
Website SEO audit includes:
- Check your website’s title and tagline
- Every page on your website should include a catchy, descriptive and unique meta title and description.
- Minify HTML, CSS, and JS files
- Check Core Web Vitals
- Compress your website images
- Add CDN service to speed up the delivery of static asset
- Fix all HTTPS-related issues, if any
- Check the website’s indexability
- Fix all broken links, if any
- Remove dead, non-indexed, and non-canonical pages from the sitemap
After the SEO audit, your site’s overall search performance will get a boost and it will increase your organic clicks as well.
Tools to audit the website’s SEO are :
No doubt, all WordPress websites are prone to get attacked anytime anywhere. Web security is the most important key factor to keep hackers and cyber thieves away from your website.
Website security maintenance might be challenging. Here, a website security audit helps you to protect your customers, assets, and reputation. A hack can also lead to massive amounts of downtime and loss of productivity.
Do you know, There is an online hacker attack every 39 seconds and the cost of data breaches in 2021 is set to reach $150 million?
Website Security audit includes
- Run a security scan
- Enable brute force protection.
- Review site settings
- Check all user accounts and their permissions
- Renew your SSL certificate
- Configure a web application firewall to block malicious requests and bots.
- Delete all unused themes and plugins
- Set a remote destination
- Enforce strong and unique passwords.
- Setup backup plugin
After the security audit, you can Validate the Security Posture of your website Also, you can Identify and Resolves Issues in Security Policies and Protocols.
Tools to audit the website’s SEO are :
Quality content is the foundation of your website and its structure. You can attract the audience to your website and engage them. Your website content provides information to educate search engines about your website
Good website content helps to generate high click-through rates (CTR) and backlinks. Using the keywords in a natural and relevant way on your website helps search engines to make the connection with your website to rank it.
According to the survey, Users spend an average of 5.59 seconds looking at a website’s written content. If the content or the layout of a website is unattractive, 38% of people will stop interacting with it.
Website Content audit includes:
- Replace or remove dummy text
- Fix grammar and spelling errors
- Use correct HTML tags in your articles and pages.
- Add label your images with alt descriptions.
- Check that downloadables are proofread, compressed, and correctly linked
- Break big paragraphs.
- Preserve your rankings and traffic with updated content
No doubt, a content audit is a difficult and time-consuming process. But, you can reveal the strengths and weaknesses of your website in your content strategy.
Tools to audit the website’s content are :
A functional website appeals to all visitors. With your website functionality, you can represent yourself, your business, and the work you do. A functional website is a great way to increase traffic.
The functional website helps to increase credibility and visibility and boosts sales. Also, you can encourage existing customers to refer your products or services to others
Do you know, 42% of consumers say they’ll leave a website that poorly functions? Just as poor performance is the primary reason people abandon websites.
Website functional audit includes:
- Test drive all your website forms
- Double-check form notifications and confirmations
- Check all 3rd party configurations
- Share your homepage, pages, and posts, and check that your content looks good
- Check your installed plugins one by one and verify that they are correctly configured
- Analyze your traffic stats to assess your website’s performance.
- Check cookies
If your website’s functionality is poor, you can lose potential leads and even leave a negative impression of your brand.
Tools to audit the website’s functionality are :
To conclude, doing a website review is like undergoing a performance evaluation. From the results, you will know how website visitors and search engines are responding to your website.
Based upon the above checklist, evaluate your website about its working and identify the issues that need improvement to ensure that your website performance is at its best.
Feel free to comment us below, if our website review checklist helps you to optimize your website.