Wondering about website wireframes and looking for some incredible website wireframe examples to seek inspiration?
Website wireframe helps to bring clarity to the project and make the development process smooth. Also, it helps you significantly to refine the user interface and design of interactive web elements.
Website wireframe allows you to create a blueprint of your website to have a 10,000-foot view of the layout and behavior of web pages with a website wireframe tool.
In this post, you will learn about:
- Wireframes and their types
- Essential elements of website wireframe
- Best website wireframe tools
- Tips for creating your first Wireframe
- 5 must-see website wireframe examples for inspiration
Let’s get started!
Wireframes and their types
Wireframe term is often used with prototypes. Wireframes aren’t navigable.
The wireframe pages are laid out in a large composition. It includes navigation and interactions as well as detailed lines, annotations, strings, and pins.
Three main types of Wireframe
Wireframe has three main types and these are the building blocks of the wireframing process:
- Low-fidelity wireframes: It is the simplest type of wireframe. You can create it either by hand or with a digital tool. These are meant to be created fast and loose, without any design elements at all.
- Mid-fidelity wireframes: A mid-fidelity wireframe is closer to the intended final UI design. You can show images and more detailed visualizations here.
- High-fidelity wireframes: It is closest to how the UI design will look in the finished project. You can include all UI components here like images, icons, colors, fonts, buttons, and backgrounds. All elements should be in a working state.
Essential elements of website wireframe
A website wireframe is a visual prototype of your website, and this prototype is worth 1000 meetings because it saves your time as well as money.
Moreover, choose the best wireframe tool and start mapping out your website wireframe to save time and money in building your ideal website.
List of essential elements
Below, I have mentioned essential elements of the Website wireframe for your ease:
- Header: You can set the tone of your whole site in the header section. Also, it will make your website easier to navigate and creates a consistent browsing experience throughout your website.
- Banner: You can capture your audience and display relevant information by using this graphic image depending on how it’s used; it can be added as a simple banner image or email banner or banner ad.
- Above the fold section: It is visible in a browser window when the page first loads, you can customize this section according to your website structure by adding banners, images, content, etc. Make this section eye-catchy. Around 84% of visitors spend their time above the fold.
- Sliders: You can display products, photos, relevant content, professional portfolios, and many more in the section. Also, it is a slideshow for displaying well-organized pieces of information one by one in a cycle.
- Content: Write your website content to target your audience, engage them, and persuade them to take action. Likewise, around 8 in 10 customers stop engaging with content that doesn’t display well on their devices.
- Call To Action: You can persuade a visitor to perform a specific action immediately by using a call to action. Also, it gives an idea to your website visitors of what steps they should take next like sign up, buy now, etc.
- Footer: You can add valuable information about your website here like a copyright notice, disclaimer, menu links, etc. Likewise, you can even get up to a 50% increase in conversions by optimizing the footer design with a specific goal.
- Sidebars: Highlight the main elements of your website content in short blurbs, lists, or images. You can add categories, post titles, locations, forms, and indexes in this section.
- Trust Icons: You can ensure your visitor that the page is legitimate and that all their data is collected through secure third-party service providers by adding trust icons. They can also increase the conversion rate by 40%.
- Testimonials: You can make your website more valuable and believable by adding testimonials because they come across in an unbiased voice and establish trust. On average, testimonials on the sales page increase conversions by 34% and can generate approximately 62% more revenue.
Wireframes can give you a clear path to complete your website project because it clarifies the direction and objectives of the site build and allows for better decision-making to achieve excellent results.
Best website wireframe tools
Having the best wireframe tool is a great start when you’re going to design your website. With a good wireframe tool, you will be enabled to keep the whole design process on one platform.
5 best website wireframe tools
Tips for creating your first Wireframe
Before working on the wireframe of your website, there are a few small tasks to consider:
- Identify all the site needs from minor to major ones
- Rate the importance of each element on a page
- Considering how visitors will interact with it
After that, follow the following tips to make the design process of your website easier and more productive:
- Talk to stakeholders
- Set grids
- Buttons should be obvious
- Use boxes
- Include all important elements
- Add actual text
- Think about navigation
After finalizing the wireframe, you can translate it into a visual representation. Don’t forget, consistency is essential for a good user experience. Be consistent!
5 must-see website wireframe examples for inspiration
Here are a few website wireframe examples for inspiration:
1. Classic blog website wireframe
- Simple and basic layout
- Descriptive tags
- Use of crossbars in the empty boxes to represent image locations
2. Service or a product-based website wireframe
- Covers everything from products and customer reviews to services and a blog page
- Well-defined use of all elements
3. E-commerce website
- Populated buttons
- Well defined headings
- Great body text
4. Business website
- Well-structured layout
- Call to action at the top for maximum visibility
- Incredible menu
5. Food website
- Plenty of white space
- Round images
- Clear call to action
Wrapping up, A wireframe is the skeleton of the page. It includes the process of thinking through problems and specifying interfaces.
The Website wireframe helps to connect the site’s architecture to its visual design by showing paths between pages. You can even determine the intended functionality in the interface.
Don’t forget, the use of wireframes at the early stage of development forces you and your clients to look objectively at conversion paths and element placement. Also, it helps to point out flaws early.
Ready to create the wireframe for your new upcoming website?
Choose one of the best tools from the above list, follow the above-mentioned tips, and apply all the above key takeaways to create a perfect wireframe.
Feel free to comment below to share one of the best website wireframe examples with me. Or, if you need any help.